To get and keep our people healthy.
To provide complete, coordinated, and cooperative care
- We see our people, not as faceless patients, but, rather, as real people just like us. We never call our people "patients."
- We address our people by their names.
- We focus not simply on the urgent problems at hand, but also on the whole person.
- We believe in prevention and ensure our people are up-to-date with their recommended screening tests and immunizations.
- We establish and maintain close relationships with other health care providers.
- We provide care that is integrated across all elements of the healthcare system (specialists, hospitals, home health, nursing homes) and community (family, public, private).
- We refer to those who are accessible and compassionate and who have outstanding communication skills.
- We have a system to ensure that consultants always report back to us in writing.
- We solicit feedback from patients about their experiences with their health care providers.
- We seek long-term relationships with our people by providing easy access, prompt appointments, and friendly service.
- We start by listening and learning what our people prefer and need. Then, we deliver the care they seek that is appropriate and of the highest quality.